Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I Choose to Smile

I work hard at living because I like to feel happy.  These practices leave me feeling the most content:
  • I follow the Golden Rule and treat others the way I would like to be treated.
  • I dwell on what is right instead of what is wrong, because we all have struggles.
  • I distance myself from negativity because it is contagious.
  • I behave the way I expect my children to behave.
  • I care for the feelings of others, because the world does not revolve around me.
  • I deliver my opinions carefully to those that I trust are open to receiving my ideas.  
  • I understand my perspective is not the only perspective.
  • I remember that two wrongs only make me just as wrong.
  • I recognize I am part of the problem when I am involved in a problem.
  • I apologize when I'm wrong, and I make it a point to learn from my mistakes.
  • I forgive, and then I make the difficult choice to forget.
  • I revisit the list above when I'm not happy and fix what's broken.  Woe is not me.
  • I apply all of the above to social networking websites.

No comments: