- Writing is how I think and process. I'm innately a reflector. I constantly replay confusing situations back in my head and wonder: What could I have done differently? How did I add to the problem? How can I make sure it doesn't happen the next time? Why in the hell would he/she say or do that? Basically...How can I make sense of what just happened?
- I love to write. I love the structure of the sentence. I love grammar. I love the sound of the keys when I'm on a roll. I feel gratification from putting something down in print and liking how it sounds when I read it back. I like the attention I get when someone else actually agrees that the content was worth reading.
- I'm honest. And lots of times you simply can't speak the truth without getting yourself into trouble.
- The older I get, the less I am interested in TV. So...I have to find a new way to spend my quiet time at night (other than Facebooking! well...in addition to, anyway...)
- I don't want to forget the things that are worth writing down...whether they are good or bad. If they are moments that are worth writing about, then they are certainly worth remembering.
- I think one day my kids will take interest in what I have to say, even if they don't right now!
- Because I am a realist, I think I have a lot of perspective to offer.
- If Shumlas blogs, it must be cool. :)
Monday, November 9, 2009
So...I'm trying this blog thing.
So...I'm trying this blog thing. For several reasons, I guess: