Monday, November 9, 2009

So...I'm trying this blog thing.

So...I'm trying this blog thing. For several reasons, I guess:
  1. Writing is how I think and process. I'm innately a reflector. I constantly replay confusing situations back in my head and wonder: What could I have done differently? How did I add to the problem? How can I make sure it doesn't happen the next time? Why in the hell would he/she say or do that? Basically...How can I make sense of what just happened?
  2. I love to write. I love the structure of the sentence. I love grammar. I love the sound of the keys when I'm on a roll. I feel gratification from putting something down in print and liking how it sounds when I read it back. I like the attention I get when someone else actually agrees that the content was worth reading.
  3. I'm honest. And lots of times you simply can't speak the truth without getting yourself into trouble.
  4. The older I get, the less I am interested in TV. So...I have to find a new way to spend my quiet time at night (other than Facebooking! well...in addition to, anyway...)
  5. I don't want to forget the things that are worth writing down...whether they are good or bad. If they are moments that are worth writing about, then they are certainly worth remembering.
  6. I think one day my kids will take interest in what I have to say, even if they don't right now!
  7. Because I am a realist, I think I have a lot of perspective to offer.
  8. If Shumlas blogs, it must be cool. :)
So there you have it. That's why. So, if you care to get inside my head...here's your chance. If not...At some point, I'll probably end up telling you what I think anyway (if I haven't already!)

No comments: